Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My first Birchbox is here!

As an anniversary gift, my husband bought me a 3 month subscription for Birchbox. Which, if you've never heard of it, is a cute little box of goodies and products based off a little survey of what you like and dislike that is sent to your house every month. You can then review them for points which can earn you free things. For my hubby's birthday earlier this year, I had bought him a men's 3 month subscription. It was filled with colognes, shaving products, lotions, etc. One month he even got a little speaker for his phone made out of olive tree wood.

We returned from our mini-vacay in Saugatuck yesterday (entry coming later) to find it waiting for me. I couldn't wait to open it! While on the weekends I'm not a huge makeup girl, I do love me some pampering and sample products. Plus, pretty things!

So this is what I got this month:


1. Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish by Peony. I absolutely love this color! My photo doesn't do it justice. It's a bright neon type orange that changes to a pink-ish coral neon in the sun. 

2. Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Revitalizing Eye Roll-On. A full size roll-on of cucumber extract and some other vitamins to reduce that puffiness you get under your eyes. Plus, it feels really nice going on as the roller ball is metal, so it's pretty cold going on your skin. (This one was the extra not on the card).

3. Skin & Co Roma Sicilian Body Gel. I haven't used it yet but it smells great!

4. Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Leave-In Oil. Again, as I just got the box yesterday, I haven't used this yet but I'm excited to try it. My hair could use a little TLC.

5. Juicy Couture La La perfume. I'm not a huge fan of perfume samples, which I let them know, but as this is my welcome box I'm betting it was sent before I had the time to fill out the survey to make them aware.

And there you have it! I think it's a great little gift to give or receive. Now I'm off to finish the last layer on my nails.

Edit: Adding my referral link if you are interested! Please let me know if you have any questions. http://birch.ly/12jbiTa 

No comments:

Post a Comment